Monday, November 12, 2007

It is SO not spring... right?!



I can't believe it. I just received my first seed catalog in the mail yesterday. I am so not ready to start thinking about spring and planting next year's garden! I'm barely over this year's garden!! So I swore I wouldn't even crack open the cover of the catalog for a month, at least.

But I glanced at it each time I walked by. The "over 200 new items" tag kind of had me curious. What could be so new? A new color of Swiss Chard? A new, must-have broccoli? A tomato that would make you forgo all other tomatoes? I had to know, it was killing me.

*sigh* So I cracked it open. And was assaulted by gorgeous, glossy pictures of vegetables growing in their glory. Peppers, asparagus, greens, garlic. It all was there. I didn't notice too many earth-shattering new ideas, though. Overwhelmed by the possibilities and the potentials of a new garden, I flung it away, to gather some dust for another month.

I will not look at the seed catalog. I will not look at the seed catalog. I will not look at the seed catalog.

For at least a few more days.

No comments: